Park City Community Church
Transforming Us – Transforming Our Community – Transforming The World
Park City Community Church is a spiritual home to many. With a diversity of cultures and a wide variety of religious believes among its attendees, PCCC inspires people to walk in Jesus' footprints and draw closer to God ... on their own path at their own pace.
PCCC is an active congregation, reaching far beyond the Church itself to help make a positive difference in individuals' lives and how they serve others in Park City, surrounding cities and towns, and throughout the world.
To get a glimpse of how PCCC touches peoples lives, we asked Deborah & Steve Lewis, long time PCCC members, to reflect on how Park City Community Church touches … and changes people’s lives for the better.
Perhaps we missed some services in which PCCC is actively involved, but here are their notes:
HELP FEED THE HUNGRY:
- Crossroads Urban Center – Each year thousands of pounds of food and $2,500 of support go to this west-side SLC food bank.
- Sandwich Program – We make sandwiches, and help serve dinner to 500 homeless people the first Thursday of every month.
HELP THE LESS FORTUNATE:
- Coat drive – Every fall we invite the local community in need to receive the hundreds of coats and winter clothing we collect.
- Annual contribution of $70,000 to the United Methodist Church to support national and international relief efforts, agricultural development programs, job training initiatives, hospitals, schools and orphanages to those most in need.
- The Kenya Kithoka Children’s Home/Education Outreach – Each year we partner with our Kenyan friends to assist in their efforts toward sustainability.Our volunteer work team and $25,000 go to support the children’s orphanage, the local public high school, school feeding program, community development projects.
- Costa Rica Outreach Project – Our work team supports the continuing construction needs of the Children’s Home and other community needs.
- Haiti Outreach – Annual collections of money and supplies for the Haiti orphanage.
HOUSE THE HOMELESS:
- Christian Center – Our
many volunteers and $2,500 support this community resource center
providing basic needs and services for people and families in need in
- Habitat for Humanity – More than 400 hours, and $2500 dollars help low-income families move into their own homes in the Park City area.
- Family Promise – Throughout the year, a dozen PCCC volunteers feed, comfort, and help homeless families move into permanent housing and achieve independence.
PROTECT THOSE AT RISK OF VIOLENCE:
- Peace House – Our volunteers and annual donation of $2,500 helps to shelter and empower dozens of women and children affected by family violence and educate over 3000 children in the local schools.
SUPPORT HEALTH CARE WHERE THERE IS NONE:
- Red Cross Blood Drive – Each fall (coming up Nov. 21st this year), we donate life saving pints of blood to local hospitals.
- People’s Health Clinic – Our annual financial support helps this safety net organization that provides free medical care and education to the uninsured of Summit and Wasatch counties.
- The PCCC Congregational Care Team – 60 plus volunteers provide In-Reach services that support individuals and families within our congregation during times of illness, injury or life-changing events such as birth, divorce, or the death of a family member.These services include meals, transportation, senior companionship, funeral assistance and medical advocacy.
EMPOWER THOSE WITH PHYSICAL OR MENTAL CHALLENGES:
- National Ability Center – Our annual financial support and volunteers provide assistance with various athletic activities with hundreds of individuals with disabilities.
REACH OUT TO THOSE HIT BY NATURAL DISASTERS:
- Hurricane Sandy Relief – 15 of our Youth and leaders gave 400 hours and $5,000 to rebuilding homes devastated by Super Storm Sandy in Staten Island, NY.
- United Methodist Committee On Relief (UMCOR) - PCCC youth and church members donate over 500 hours of time and $2,500 of support each year for disaster relief worldwide.
STRENGTHEN OUR PERSONAL FAITH & COMMITMENT TO GOD:
- Development of the PCCC “Spiritual Life Center” – Formation of small groups to pursue spiritual transformation with opportunities for book study, reflection, meditation and prayer.The new labyrinth and prayer chapel will help us stay centered in God.
- PCCC’s Music Ministry – Offers a variety of musical talents to enhance worship including our own Chancel Choir, contemporary band and other special musical artists and groups.
INSPIRE CHILDREN'S FAITH IN GOD:
- Children’s Ministries - Sunday school, Vacation Bible School, Christmas Pageant, acolyte training and more for over 125 of our children.These kids are now doing their part in transforming the world with their outreach projects such as “Hug Patrol” and the Fall carnival and “Pennies for Porridge” for Kenya.
- A growing Youth Program for over middle/high school youth through Sunday school, Sunday night youth group, confirmation class, monthly local outreach service projects and annual summer mission trips.